Your family or newborn session has finished and you have all these beautiful images and memories you never want to forget. Now what?
At Meghan Goering Photography, we understand that moms are busy and have great ambitions to create yearly family albums or bind their beautiful newborn images into an album. We know because we are moms too. But what mom has extra time to learn how to use a new album technology, to determine the best paper type or how to choose the right layout and flow for your photos?
At our Cedar Falls, Iowa studio, we love designing and creating custom, luxury hand bound albums for our clients. We know this isn’t just a book – it’s a valuable piece of your family’s history that your little ones will love thumbing through and one day your grandchildren will too.
So let me tell you a little about our books and the design process.
- Once your images have been professionally retouched, I predesign an album layout for you using my software. I have been designing albums for years now, and know which layouts look best and the most logical order for your photos. Making an album is one of the best ways to enjoy all of your images at once. Wall galleries, while still very important for featuring your favorite images, cannot hold as many images as an album. If you’re interested in learning more about wall galleries, visit here.
- At your ordering appointment, you will have the opportunity to see your predesigned layout. Most clients, once they see their layout, are very excited to get an album. You’ll have the opportunity to swap out photos or add them at this time.
- Then, together we will review the premium covers available: beautiful Asahi linens, top grain leathers stamped for texture, or, our favorite, luxurious velvet with a subtle shimmer. The pages are made with archival, fine art papers, archival inks, and coated with a protective finish. This protective coating is what separates our albums from any others. What good is an album if it is too fragile to hold and touch? With ours, your little one could literally touch the pages with their sticky hands and it wouldn’t ruin your photos. This is a book that you can confidently hand your two year old.
- The last step is to let us know what you’d liked stamped on the front. Debossing is complementary and adds a personal, intimate touch to your book.
- Once your book has been ordered, you’ll receive it within 2 weeks. When it comes, I promise you it’ll be better than Christmas day.